Privacy on Social Media

Privacy for teens on social media is a big concern for adults. But teens care about their privacy too. I recently read an article about 3 teenage girls and how they approach social media and privacy. I am no longer a teen, but one of the girls stuck out to me because we share very similar views on privacy. Nadia is a 16-year-old who values her privacy as she is a very private person. She is particular about who she tells private information to in real life, so when posting on social media, she doesn't put the private details of her life online where anyone can see it. Nadia is a painter and mainly uses social media to find artists and people she is interested in. She explained that she would like to put her art online but is hesitant because it's difficult to be public and put yourself out there.

I feel the exact same way about privacy. I too mostly use social media to follow people I like and look at art. I recently created an account for my graphic design, but sharing it is something I have to work on getting better at. If you want to gain a following, you need to be very open and get personal. I’ve learned that this is not something that comes naturally or easily to me since I am a very private person like Nadia. It feels a little weird sometimes posting something about yourself knowing pretty much the whole world can see it.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts