Bloggers Gonna Blog

Why do people blog? And why do people read blogs?


I read Rebecca Blood’s interview with Danish blogger Trine-Maria Kristensen about why she blogs. When she first heard about blogging she explains, “I just didn't get it. How could someone's diary be of interest to anyone other than their closest relatives?”. But she learned more about them and discovered why they are so interesting to her. The thing that appeals most to her about blogging is the interconnection with people from all over the world. She says people form an open network to talk to each other about things they’re interested in and listen to what others have to say. 


This is what I like about blogging as well. Anyone can make a blog to talk about anything, and everyone can read and comment on it. You can find blogs about literally any topic you are interested in. And from one blog you’ll probably find a whole community of other blogs on that same topic too. When I first heard about blogging, I felt the same way as Trine-Maria. I didn’t think it sounded interesting. But once I started reading blogs, I learned they really are interesting. It is a fun way to stay connected and keep up with people and what they are interested in.


Blogging and the communities it forms brings together people that would otherwise not know each other. By sharing their opinions, ideas, and experiences, people can connect with others who have similar thoughts and views. This interaction is also a good way for people to learn from each other and keep conversations going.

Comments

Popular Posts